Mon, May 15|
Embody Wellness Center
Complex Joint Recovery Certification
Innovative techniques for massage therapists
Time & Location
May 15, 10:00 AM – May 19, 4:00 PM
Embody Wellness Center, 251 E 1200 S, Orem, UT 84058, USA
About the event
With nearly 20 years in the field, Nicolas Sorensen LMT is a master of the trade. Complex Joint Recvoery (CJR) is the result of helping hundreds of clients work through injury recovery, rehabilitaiton, and chronic stress. It's a specific technique that targets the neck, shoulders, and hips (complex joints). This work is targeted and deep as well as relaxing and gentle. Rather than directly "attacking" trigger points or tension, CJR is a way to faciliate release through indirect pressure, structurally supportive movement, and muscle isolation.
This unique massage combines the best of four different techniques: Swedish massage, sports massage, Thai massage, and deep tissue. The benefits include faster recovery from injury, more circulation to affected joints, increased flexibility, decreased pain levels, and movement-assisted tension release of muscle tissue.
This comprehensive training includes:
- 4 days of hands-on learning
- 1 day of clinical hours with clientele
- Bound and printed manual, with detailed visual aids, anatomy guides, and photos
- Video recording of the complete CJR flow for professional study
- 1 year access to monthly virtual support with Nicolas for troubleshooting and new technique integration
- Optional dual enrollment in the Advanced Body Reading training (additional upgrade)
The training shedule:
Day One: Transitions
- Bringing more finesse and connectivity to your transitions between techniques. This is a critical foundation of the CJR technique but will also benefit every other massage modality you currently practice. This is a more in-depth immersion into and expansion of traditional Swedish massage that you most likely didn't learn in massage school.
Day Two: Level One CJR
- A whole-body overview of CJR with foundational techniques
Day Three - Four: Level Two CJR
- Advanced CJR techniques, including evaluation protocols for personalizing the session to your clients' unique needs as well as home integration practices for clients in between sessions
Day Five: Clinical practice hours
- Bringing everything together in a working flow with Embody Wellness clients who have experienced this technique before and can give constructive feedback.
Therapists who complete this five day training (and certification packet) can advertise themselves as CJR Certified. This training will set you apart in your massage work as the go-to therapist for complex joint recovery. We look forward to working with you!
Option 1: CJR training $1,100
Option 2: CJR + Advanced Body Reading training (separate event) - $1400 (save over $150 by bundling)
The training is Mon-Fri, 10 am - 4 pm daily with lunch breaks at Noon.
Complex Joint Recovery
From $1,100.00 to $1,400.00
Full enrollment in the Complex Joint Recovery training
From $1,100.00 to $1,400.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal
Option 1: CJR Training
+$27.50 service fee
+$27.50 service fee